JBL ProAquaTest PO4 Phosphate Sensitive
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Easy and safe control of the water values of aquariums
- Determination of phosphate content in freshwater and saltwater aquariums, as well as pond
- Laboratory comparator system for balancing water colouration
- Detailed information on water analyzes on the JBL Homepage
- Child-safe reagent bottles
- Application to check for green algae problems
Item no.: JBL-2412800, Content: 1 set, EAN: 4014162241283
The JBL ProAqua Test PO4 is a water test for analysing the phosphate content in freshwater and seawater aquariums, as well as in the pond.
Water is not simply water
Already the rainwater absorbs pollutants and once seeped in the groundwater, it is enriched with other substances that are not all aquarium appropriate. The constant monitoring of the water values in the aquarium, especially with new equipment, is the top priority for a successful aquarium. With the ProAqua test, JBL offers the possibility to quickly and precisely determine the most important water values in the home laboratory. Thanks to the enclosed very detailed instructions for use with tips and advice, water testing becomes child's play. The delivery includes all required materials such as test reagents, dosing syringe, cuvettes, measuring spoons and colour charts. The test reagents can be purchased separately.
Phosphate is an important plant nutrient
In natural waters without pollution, the phosphate concentration is about 0.01 mg / l and 0.07 mg / l in seawater. Plants and algae have adapted to this limited supply of phosphate and can, therefore, manage with small amounts. Phosphate enters the water mainly through the digestive processes of fish and food residues. Especially with strong fish stock, phosphate contents can be reached, which are sometimes 100 times higher than the natural values. Some waterworks also added phosphates to tap water to prevent limescale and corrosion in the power system. As a result of the unnatural high nutrient supply, algae multiply almost explosively. Algae can store phosphate in significant quantities and thus continue to grow unabated even after lowering the phosphate content. The sooner the rising phosphate content is detected, the more likely an algae plague can be averted. In heavily planted aquariums with only a few fish, the opposite can occur: phosphate becomes a deficiency factor and must be dosed for optimal growth of the plants. This is especially the case with so-called aquascaping. In freshwater aquariums, the phosphate content should be below 0.4 mg / l and below 0.1 mg / l in the marine aquarium.
Recommended phosphate levels:
Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 0-0.4 mg / l
Malawi Lake Tanganyika: 0-0.4 mg / l
Plant aquariums with few fish (aquascaping): 0.1-1.5 mg / l
Marine aquariums: 0-0.1 mg / l
Ponds: <0.05 mg / l
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
Inexplicable green algae problems are often the cause of a nutrient over-supply - a water test provides information quickly and safely!
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word : Danger
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H314 - Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
Questions & Answers about JBL ProAquaTest PO4
0 English reviews written for JBL ProAquaTest PO4
2 customer reviews in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 2 reviews available in other languages.
- No reviews available