JBL ProAquaTest GH Total Hardness
£4.70 £5.89 -20%
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Easy and safe control of the water values of aquariums
- Determines the optimal total hardness in freshwater and saltwater aquariums, as well as the pond
- Colour change test: Add reagents drop by drop to the water sample
- Detailed information on water analysis on the JBL Homepage
- Child-safe reagent bottles
- Aapplication period for new furnishings: once a day, then weekly
Item no.: JBL-2410900, Content: 1 Pc, EAN: 4014162241092
The JBL ProAqua Test GH is a water test for the analysis of the optimal total hardness in freshwater and seawater aquariums, as well as in the pond.
Water is not simply water. Already the rainwater absorbs pollutants and once seeped in the groundwater, it is enriched with other substances that are not all aquarium appropriate. The constant monitoring of the water values in the aquarium, especially with new equipment, is the top priority for a successful aquarium. With the ProAqua test, JBL offers the possibility to quickly and precisely determine the most important water values in the home laboratory. Thanks to the enclosed very detailed instructions for use with tips and advice, water testing becomes child's play. The delivery includes all required materials such as test reagents, dosing syringe, cuvettes, measuring spoons and colour charts. The test reagents can be purchased separately.
Depending on the origin of the water, e.g. due to the nature of the substrate contain varying amounts of mineral salts, by definition, total hardness is the total concentration of all alkaline earth ions in water. The total hardness is largely formed by calcium and magnesium salts. Most fish and plants can be maintained successfully with a total hardness of 5-25 ° dH. Nevertheless, efforts should be made to reduce excessively high total hardness values by taking appropriate measures.
Recommended total hardness values:
Freshwater aquarium (community pool): 8-25 ° dGH
Malawi Lake Tanganyika: 5-20 ° dGH
Plant aquariums with few fish (aquascaping): 3-10 ° dGH
Marine aquariums: not measurable, because too high. Test calcium and magnesium separately.
Ponds: 6-20 ° dGH
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
The total hardness provides information about the dissolved salts in the water - and thus also on its suitability!
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word: Warning
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P210 - Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour
- H315 - Causes skin irritation
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation
Questions & Answers about JBL ProAquaTest GH
0 English reviews written for JBL ProAquaTest GH
7 customer reviews in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 7 reviews available in other languages.
- No reviews available