JBL PhosEx Rapid
(£50.00 / l, Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- For fish and plant-compatible aquarium water
- Reliably binds phosphate and thus prevents unwanted algae growth
- For freshwater, turtle and shrimp aquariums
- Prevents algae formation
- Effective immediate measure: Liquid iron preparation to reduce high phosphate levels
- The liquid iron compound binds reliably and permanently phosphate dissolved in water is visible through brownish cloudiness, which disappears after 2-24 hours
Item no.: JBL-2519500, Content: 250 ml, EAN: 4014162251954
The JBL PhosEx rapid is a liquid filter medium for use in fresh and saltwater aquariums and in the pond and is used to remove phosphate (PO4) which leads to the formation of algae.
Undesirable phosphorus compounds
Phosphorus (phosphate) are in short supply in natural waters (0.001-0.01 mg / l). Plants have adapted to this deficiency situation during a long evolution and require very little phosphorus for their growth. Strong accumulations of phosphorus compounds, in the aquarium often 100-1000 times their natural value, often lead to explosive growth of unwanted algae. Regular control of the phosphate content with e.g. the JBL Phosphate Test Sets PO4 and timely use of JBL PhosEx rapid prevents this danger. Values of 0.5 mg / l can be tolerated in the freshwater aquarium; values of less than 0.1 mg / l should be aimed for in the seawater aquarium.
Besides calcium, phosphorus is the most important component of the bone structure of fish. But phosphorus also plays an important role in many metabolic processes, enzymes and other vital substances, as well as in muscle work. Fish have to meet their phosphorus requirements through food. Live and frozen feed naturally contains a balanced amount of phosphorus compounds.
Nitrates and phosphates are the main algae nutrients. If one or both nutrients are removed from the water, algae can no longer grow.
The amount of phosphorus compounds in the aquarium is influenced by many factors: Young, still growing fish excrete less phosphorus than adult fish. High fish stocks cause more phosphorus compounds than less. In aquariums with dense, well-growing plants, more phosphorus compounds are consumed than in aquariums with poorly growing or without plants.
A liquid iron compound reliably and permanently binds phosphate dissolved in water and thus prevents unwanted algae growth. The effect is visible through a brownish cloudiness that disappears after 2-24 hours. The water then becomes crystal clear. The bound phosphate is removed from the aquarium by cleaning the aquarium filter and vacuuming the substrate with JBL AquaEx. First, the carbonate hardness is measured and, if necessary, increased to at least 4 KH with JBL AquaDur. The bottle is shaken well before use and the product is then dosed immediately. JBL PhosEx rapid is added at a point with good water movement. One application binds up to 3 mg phosphate / litre. Repeat application if necessary (pay attention to KH). The next day, clean the filter and substrate.
PO4> 2.4 mg / L - 10 ml / 40 L
PO4> 1.2 mg / L - 10 ml / 80 L
PO4> 0.6 mg / L - 10 ml / 160 L
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
Phosphate levels are reduced within a very short time.
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word: Danger
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P280 - Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273 - Avoid release to the environment.
- P234 - Keep only in original packaging.
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P337+P313 - If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H290 - May be corrosive to metals
- H318 - Causes serious eye damage.
- H412 - Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- H302 - Harmful if swallowed
- H315 - Causes skin irritation
Questions & Answers about JBL PhosEx Rapid
English reviews written for JBL PhosEx Rapid
- No reviews available