JBL ProAquaTest Mg Magnesium Fresh Water
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Simple and safe control of the water values in aquariums
- Quick test to determine the magnesium content in freshwater aquariums
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate for water staining
- Detailed information on water analysis on the JBL homepage
- Magnesium deficiency leads to stagnant growth and light leaf colour in aquatic plants
- Contents of delivery: 1 CO2 quick test including 2 reagents, plastic cuvette and colour card
Item no.: JBL-2414300, Content: 1 set, EAN: 4014162241436
The JBL ProAqua Test MG Magnesium is a quick test to determine the magnesium content in freshwater aquariums.
Magnesium ions together with other alkaline earth ions (e.g. calcium) form the total hardness. Alongside potassium, magnesium is one of the macro elements that plants need for healthy, vigorous growth. Tap water (even with water with a high total hardness) very often contains magnesium for aquatic plants in too small an amount, so that deficiency symptoms quickly occur. The symptoms of magnesium deficiency are yellowish lightening between the still green leaf veins. Leaf curvature is another symptom. These phenomena are not limited to the old leaves, but can also occur on freshly grown ones. The magnesium content of the aquarium water should first be measured daily. In this way, the plant's needs can be determined and the fertiliser dosed accordingly. After that, routine measurements can be taken at longer intervals. For good plant growth, the value should be between 5 and 10 mg / l.
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
Inexplicable stagnant plant growth is often the cause of an under- or oversupply of nutrients - a water test provides information quickly and safely!
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word : Danger
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H314 - Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H302 - Harmful if swallowed