JBL ProAquaTest pH 7.4-9.0
Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs
Features & Advantages
- Simple and safe control of the water values in aquariums
- Determines the optimal pH value for fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Add reagents to water sample, compare with colour chart
- Content for 50 measurements
- Childproof reagent bottles
- Duration of application for new setup: 1 x daily, then weekly
Item no.: JBL-2410500, Content: 1 set, EAN: 4014162241054
The JBL ProAqua Test pH 7.4-9.0 is a water test to analyse the optimal pH value in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
JBL ProAqua Test pH 7.4-9.0
Maintaining a suitable pH value as constant as possible is an important prerequisite for the well-being of all aquatic organisms. Above all, sudden fluctuations should be avoided. In addition, many substances dissolved in water are subject to changes depending on the pH. For example, the amount of CO2 that can be dissolved in water is directly related to the pH value. The pH value can, therefore, serve as a simple control variable for setting CO2 fertiliser systems, as long as there are no other acids (e.g. humic acids) in the water that influence the pH value. The optimal CO2 concentration for plants and harmless for fish is achieved at a pH of around 6.8-7.3. The carbonate hardness should not be below 4 ° dH. An exact pH measurement also for special applications such as fish farming, may be required. JBL PRO AQUATEST pH 6.0-7.6 is also used here. The optimal pH value for keeping most freshwater fish and plants is in the neutral range around 7.
However, there are also freshwater fish that need slightly acidic or alkaline water. For particularly precise measurements of the pH value, there is the JBL PRO AQUATEST pH 6.0-7.6 (also for checking the CO2 fertilisation) for freshwater aquariums and the JBL PRO AQUATEST pH 7.4 for freshwater aquariums -9.0. For sea water organisms, pH values around 8.2 can be regarded as optimal. Especially in saltwater aquariums with lower animals (invertebrates), the consumption of calcium bicarbonate can cause the pH value (and the carbonate hardness) to drop if a supply is not made regularly. When caring for fish from slightly alkaline fresh water, such as For example, Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika, values around 8-8.5 are recommended. For Koi and others, pH values between 7.5-8.5 can be regarded as optimal. In the garden pond, but especially in the aquarium, if there is a lack of CO2, especially algae, due to their rapid assimilation during photosynthesis, can consume the hydrogen carbonate in the water (biogenic decalcification) and thus drive the pH value to dangerous levels for fish (over 10).
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
With the pH value, an aquarium stands and falls - therefore this value should be kept in the eye!
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word : Warning
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation
Questions & Answers about JBL ProAquaTest pH 7.4-9.0
English reviews written for JBL ProAquaTest pH 7.4-9.0
1 customer review in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 1 reviews available in another language.
- No reviews available
Customers also bought
JBL ProScape Volcano3L - 9L
JBL ProAquaTest Lab1 set
JBL CristalProfi Greenlinee402 - e1902
JBL Biotopol100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 625 ml, 5 l
JBL ProScan1 set
JBL Aqua Hose GREY4-6mm - 19-27mm
JBL FilterBagFine - Wide
JBL ProClean Bac50 ml
JBL Manado DARK3 l, 5 l, 10 l
JBL NovoArtemio100 ml, 250 ml