JBL ProAquaTest Cu Copper
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Easy and secure control of the water values of aquariums
- Determination of the optimum copper value for heavy metal control in freshwater and saltwater aquariums, as well as ponds
- Laboratory comparator system for balancing water
- Detailed information on water analysis on the JBL Homepage
- Child-safe reagent bottles
- Application: After new equipment installation, after invertebrate or fish death and dosage of copper-containing drugs
Item no.: JBL-2411500, Content: 1 set, EAN: 4014162241153
The JBL ProAqua Test CU is a water test for the analysis of the optimal copper value for heavy metal control in freshwater and seawater aquariums, as well as in the pond.
Copper is a heavy metal that is indispensable on the one hand as a trace element, on the other hand from a certain concentration has a devastating effect as a cell poison. Above all, copper reaches the aquarium via tap water, as copper pipes were often used for water installation. If the water stays in such lines for a long time, significant amounts of copper can dissolve. Therefore, the water in taps should be let run and drained before use. For the same reason rainwater that has flowed over copper roof gutters should also be avoided. Even with the aquarium or pond installation, the use of copper-free metal objects must always be ensured. A controlled copper entry takes place through the use of drugs against parasitic diseases in fish, as well as some algae killers. The targeted copper concentrations can be tolerated by fish for a while, whereas parasites die off.
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
Copper is one of the deadliest cell poisons for fish and invertebrates and is one of the first values that should be urgently reviewed when sudden fish or invertebrate dying occurs!
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word : Warning
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P303+P361+P353 - IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to local/national regulations.
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation