Tropic Marin MEASURING CYLINDER including Hydrometer
For measuring the salt content
Out of StockOur shop no longer sells this product.
The salt content of saltwater can be measured with a measuring cylinder and a hydrometer. Tropic Marin's Measuring Cylinder made of transparent plastic and Hydrometer made of hand-blown glass are precision instruments for determining the salt content in saltwater aquariums. Used in combination, they ensure an accurate measurement of the salinity in your aquarium.
Note: With an average salinity of 35 ‰ at 25 °C, natural seawater has a density of approx. 1.023 kg/L. In a saltwater aquarium, you should aim for a value between 1.022 and 1.024 kg/L.
Instructions for use:
- Fill the measuring cylinder with 400 ml saltwater. The water temperature should be around 25 °C.
- The hydrometer must be dry and clean!
- Submerge the hydrometer in the water and make sure it floats freely.
- Read the salt density on the green scale of the hydrometer. Pay attention to the height of the water surface.
- Rinse the cylinder with tap or reverse osmosis water to remove any salt residue.
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
Most hydrometers are calibrated for use at 25 °C. Therefore, make sure that the aquarium water to be measured is at 25 °C. Otherwise the precision instruments will not show the accurate salt content.
|Brands (Manufacturers):||Tropic Marin|